The Regional Institute for Veterinary Emergencies and Referrals (R.I.V.E.R.) is dedicated to providing the highest level of veterinary care possible. We offer emergency care as well as referrals for various specialty services.
We believe in using the most state-of-the art technology while fostering an inviting and professional atmosphere. We hope that your pet never needs emergency care, but if they do, you can rest assured that the Regional Institute for Veterinary Emergencies and Referrals is giving them the best care possible.
We have a unique partnership with the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine (UTKCVM) - the only one of its kind in the United States. This partnership allows students, interns and residents to see and experience real life medical situations they'll encounter when they go into private practice. This also allows R.I.V.E.R. the advantage of working closely with the senior clinicians from UTK, who are respected specialists that not only lecture all over the world, but bring their expertise to practice in our facility.
WHAT MAKES R.I.V.E.R. STATE-OF-THE-ART?
• Specialty services including but not limited to Emergency, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Behavior
• Boarded specialists with top of the line training and education levels- often 3-4 years of extra training beyond basic veterinary education
• Licensed Veterinary Technicians
• Laparoscopy and minimally invasive techniques
• 24-hour hospitalization and intensive care unit
• Digital Radiography and Boarded Radiologist Interpretation
• Thoracic and Abdominal Ultrasonography
• Intravenous fluid administration
• Oxygen Therapy
• Hyperbarics Oxygen Therapy
• Urinary Catheter Placement
• Central Catheter Placement
• Arterial Catheter Placement
• Central Venous Pressure Monitoring
• Mechanical Ventilation
• Blood Transfusions
• Plasma Transfusions
• Oncologic Staging and Treatment
• Canine and Feline Rehabilitation
• Complete Laboratory In-House
• Complete Diagnostic Laboratory On-Site (Antech)
• CT and MRI